Tulsa Running Club - Special Meeting: Post Oak Race
Monday, April 8, 2019 – 6 p.m.
Tulsa City-County Library – Room 313
Kirk Bailey (via phone)
Not in attendance:
· Jenn and Stormy provided the board with a timeline of events and correspondence with Johnny Spriggs, associated with the Post Oak Race from January 2019.
· Bobby reviewed the history of the race and the fact that it began and was maintained by TRC. The money and insurance has always been run through the club.
· Discussion on options to move forward:
o Have Johnny as an agent of TRC
o End the relationship with the race and recover TRC equipment and funds
· John Nobles motioned that the board create a proposal for Johnny Spriggs, take control and ownership of the Post Oak race upon return of all TRC equipment and funds. To include language that will absolve TRC from Post Oak race engagements going forward. David Walker seconded – all in favor, no one opposed. Stormy abstained.
· The board agreed for John Nobles to draft the proposal and receive pro bono input from a lawyer.